... or weeks, I'm not actually entirely sure. This month have probably been the most relaxing (with some definitely not-so-relaxing moments a.k.a prelims and timed essays) months I've had in Scotland. I've done less that I usually do, at least if you're talking sightseeing and going out for dinner, which is actually quite nice, and it did save me some money! I do however miss exploring the amazing city that is Edinburgh, and I think I'll pick it up again on Monday where I'll hopefully finally go see Edinburgh Castle - we'll see!
But I have done some stuff this month, and I though I would give you a few glimpses:
Valentines day:The day of either lots of romance or lots of dissapointment - or just a lot of fun! For me, Valentine's day doesn't need to be anything else than what you make it. If you want to go all in with flowers, chocolate and candlelit dinner, I think it's awesome, but if you just want to sit down and eat too many calories with your best pals, I'm all in for that too! Me and Chanti decided to do the latter, found some of the most cheesy movies and the best crisps and chocolate and had an amazing day!
Theatre trip:One of the many things I love about my Advanced Higher English class, is the fact that we always get the chance to go to many plays. Of course we have to pay, but it's such a great chance to go see something we wouldn't normally go see - and it's a good excuse to dress up!
This play wasn't a dress-up-event though, as it was a very casual, funny play, but it was still really nice! Going to plays and shows is defnitely a thing I want to do more when I go back to Denmark.
The play in itself was fine, and was sure better than some of the other plays we've seen, and it did make me laugh a few times, so I guess it was a success, and it was a great evening.
Exploring new towns:Because I needed to go to Dalkeith Police Station about my stolen phone (long story), and didn't really know how to get there, Hanna, as the wonderful friend she is, joined me and showed me how to get there, and I ended up seing Bonnyrigg and Dalkeith, which I had never been in before!
I didn't get what I wanted from the Police Station, but I did see some beautiful sides of these new towns and had a big can of Irn Bru, so it wasn't a total failure (even though we were so lost at one point!)
Cinema and a "chippy":Me, Holly and Hanna decided to go to the cinema and watch American Hustle, which was okay! Being alone in the huge cinema and planking on a row of seats while laughing, taking pictures and singing along to the adverts probably won over the movie itself, to be honest, I wasn't that impressed!
Afterwards we went to a chippy-place to get a chippy, which we had heard so much about! Apparently they have the best fries and unhealthy food. We had gone to one of the more fancy chippy-places, so they didn't have a deepfried marsbar as I wanted to try (it's on my to do-list before I leave, okay!), but I still did manage to order some deepfried hamburger and fries, so I was all good! They also had deepfried pizza, which seemed quite interesting, and Holly said that the deepfried haggis is amazing (we're definitely having it again, when we haven't been eating for a couple of hours in the cinema first, and can actually eat something). But yeah, with the Scots will to deepfry pretty much anything, there's no wonder that they have the most obese population in the world - but I don't judge, haha!
Trying out watercolour:
Because I'm finishing up my expressive creative folio in art right now, and I was needing a few more small pieces, I decided to give watercolour a go! I had only tried painting half a picture before, but I was actually quite pleased with the results!
I did however like the first picture better as it shows here, even though it wasn't done at that point and still needed more details and rain outside, simply because later I added some black pen lines and ruined it a bit in my opinion.


No comments:
Post a Comment