Yesterday, to stick with our newly made tradition of going to Edinburgh on Mondays (and to save money by not going to Edinburgh Castle), me and Hanna found our way to Arthur's Seat, an old volcano just outside Edinburgh.
I knew that it was an actual mountain-like thing (at least according to Danish standards) that we were going to be climbing, but for some reason it hadn't connected in my head that it was going to be tough. So even though I had brought my best running/walking-shoes, I had also bought my bag filled with heavy stuff like my Canon 550D, which turned out wasn't the best idea when it suddenly got reallyreally steep.
It surely did show me how I need to go a bit faster when I'm working out and get in better shape 'cause phew, it was tough. But the view when we finally dragged ourselves up there was more than enough reward.
But instead of trying to explain how incredibly beautiful yesterday was, let me show you! - warning: I had a really hard time choosing in between my many, many pictures, so you're just getting a buttload of them, okay!
 |
| Because we had just been lost (yes, I still get lost all the time...), we were very excited and full of energy when we finally found the right way leading to Arthur's Seat. |
 |
| Some of the different roads we had to walk/climb - the third one was without doubt the toughest one, so damn steep! |
 |
| But before the road had even started being steep, we had an amazing view that motivated us further |
 |
| I feel like the pictures don't really do it justice, but this was the incredible view when we finally made the top! |
 |
"1.. 2.. 3.. NOW!" This was such a scary picture to take, by the way. There was so much wind up there, so it was more like a leap of faith when I balanced on the highest rocks and jumped as high as I could, because I was a wee bit scared that the wind might take me, at least so far that it would be harder for me to land again. But I survived - you don't have to worry, mum! |
 |
| We later found out that the farthest mountain was the actual Arthur's Seat, and that we had by mistake gone up the wrong one. Oh well, the real one was much more crowded, so I think I would prefer "our" mountain anyways! |
 |
Seeeeeeelfiiiieeeeee! We both felt like taking at least a couple of hundred pictures before the climbing to the top would be worth it. So we did. |
 |
| Pretty good description of how you can use the crazy wind to your advantage and... not so much to your advantage. |
 |
| I mean, look at this! |
 |
| After we decided to start going downwards (the wind was a bit too crazy to stay in for long, and in my foolishness of trying not to wear my jacket in every picture I'm in, I took it off an I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cold now), we discovered that there was barely any wind on the shadow-side of the mountain. So we both just decided to throw ourselves in the grass, tired as we were, and talk and take a few more pictures. |
 |
| We still had AMAZING view, by the way. |
 |
| But as fun as it was, we had to go home for dinner, so we once again had to get up and try to manouvre around the mountain. |
 |
"Come on Saraaa" "No wait, wait, wait! I have to take a picture of this bird" |
I can definitely recommend Arthur's Seat (even if you are confused and don't even go to the real Arthur's Seat) to everyone who's going to Edinburgh or Scotland, it is so amazing! I think it's especially amazing when it's a bit hotter outside as well. Me, Hanna and the rest of our friend groups decided to have a picnic on the side of the mountain when the temperature rises a bit, at least!
No comments:
Post a Comment