Sunday, 22 December 2013

Saying goodbye

The 8th of September, when I had only been in Scotland for a few weeks, my hostmother Heather came up to my room and asked if I knew a girl named "Chantal", 'cause she was going to live with us for the next two weeks, while her hostmother was on vacation. I knew Chanti went to my school, but I didn't talk to her much, so I was a bit unsure how those two weeks was going to turn out - but then I had someone to take the bus with an stuff like that, so I was excited!
Little did I know that Chanti was not only going to stay for over 3 months, but become such a close friend! I didn't know that these 3 months were gonna be some of the best 3 months of my life, I didn't know that I would have so many fun evenings with her, with my hostsister, I didn't know anything!
Because my hostmothers son is coming home this Christmas, where Chanti is home for a few weeks in Austria, we will not be able to live together anymore, which is quite sad.
But it was 3 amazing months, and I have a lot of fun memories to look back on!

But because Chanti left to suprise her friends by coming home a day earlier for Christmas, Sanna, Emma, Hanna, Chanti and me decided that we would use the school's kitchen once again, where we ate lots of good food and Austrian cookies and have a goodbye-dinner for my lovely hostsister.
Sadly the guy that stole our doughnuts didn't return with new doughnuts, but other than that, it was an amazing evening!

We then had another goodbye dinner (any excuse to eat good food!) for Heather, Sanna, Chanti and me, where Chanti had prepared schnitzel and potatoes and Heather had bought AMAZING doughnuts!

It was sad saying goodbye to Chanti - even though I know she's coming back in a few weeks - simply because we wont be hostsisters anymore. I remember coming home after school where she had left, and walking into her completely empty room - it was so weird! The room is going to be occupied by Ross (Heather's son), so it will not be empty forever, but it will not be my Chanti living in there!

That's one of the sad things about being an exchange student; having to say goodbye. Because even though Chanti is coming back after Christmas, she will be leaving soon, and Sanna will be leaving even sooner. I will have to go as well.  I will have to say goodbye to all of my friends and family over here in Scotland, and go back to my well known Denmark. Of course I'm looking forward to seeing everyone back home again, but it will also be very sad saying goodbye to everyone here.
But luckily there's still several months left here in Scotland to enjoy, so I wont have to worry about that just yet - right now I can just enjoy my amazing friends and my amazing host family and enjoy that we still have A LOT of stuff to do together before we all go our seperate ways again!



No comments:

Post a Comment