Friday, 2 May 2014

Revision, revision, pancakes, revision...

As I have mentioned before, I am currently in my very much awaited but also feared study-leave. High school has technically ended for good, but the days of revision, andrenaline and stress are now taking over. Not saying it's not great to not have to get up at 6.30 every morning to catch your school bus in horrible rain, but the fact that you now have to fake some self-dicispline and actually learn and revise until the horrible exam is not something I really enjoy either.

Yesterday was the day, the last few stressful days have led up to: The Advanced Higher English exam. For this we had all tried to know 16 very depressive poems and 2 plays to be able to write one very detailed essay, and even though I shouldn't be stressing too much, as these grades don't really matter (at least not for my future), but damn there was a lot of pressure!

Me, Holly and a few other girls decided to come in to school a few hours before and go over all the stuff again (and freak out over the fact that the exam was only a few hours away), which actually did help, at least confidence-wise!
The exam itself went alright. I'm not sure if I'm going to pass, simply because I never really know with English essays, but at least I did it! I survived 1,5 hours of adrenaline running through my body, trying to figure out how an English keyboard works (it took me several minutes to find the apostrophe-button) and doubting my English vocabulary and if "self-regard" really meant what I thought it did.

But now, even after completing the English exam and being completely knocked out afterwards, I can't even enjoy it that much and sleep in, because I still have the History exam left! 
I have about 4,5 days to memorize at least 8 essays and a whole term's worth of dates, happening and battle strategies, which is not the most exciting thing to do when the sun is shining so brightly outside. I do however find certain things, that makes spending the days inside with essay plans and papers filled with dates on it, a little more exciting!

I totally felt like a master-chef after my two-coloured pancake creation. It tasted amazing as well!
Like these pancakes - the most excitement I've had today!
But I actually have to get started on all the revising, I just spent so long talking about. I have done nothing productive today yet - 'yet' being the key word. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment