It's the Easter Holidays, the days of trying to relax though you know you really shouldn't, because hey, you have a shitload of revising to do, but instead you just press "next episode" on netflix and sink deeper into your mountains of pillows and candy. But holy cow, so much has happened! - though still no revising yet, but shhh.
First, my mom decided that we would in fact become a host family for an exchange student next school year, if we found one that suited us. And we did! So off we went with the whole "interview and getting approved"-thing, and we are now far enough in the approval-process, that we can actually "reserve" an exchange student. So we did!
Unfortunately the exchange student doesn't know yet, but we are in the middle of writing her welcome-letters and finding pictures for her to see - I'll probably write something about it as soon as I can say more!
But other than that, a lot of other stuff has happened!
![]() |
![]() |

I also won first place in ETS' (my agency over here) photo competition with this picture of Hanna and a bagpipe guy and got a voucher for 30 pounds for Primark (who doesn't love Primark?!) sent to me - it was so cool!
I've never won anything for my pictures or had any other approval from other than friends and family before, so it was nice that a professional photographer thought my picture was nice!
![]() |
And at last, I got my prom dress! Luckily, I can still fit it (a nice way to know that you haven't put on too much weight during this exchange) and with the shoes, that came with it, I think it's going to look quite nice, if I may say so myself - yes I may!
But I've been really ill lately and haven't been able to do all the stuff I've been wanting to do (like revising, even though it's not a thing I've been 'wanting to do', but more of a thing I kinda need to do), but when I get well enough I'll take some more pictures of my prom dress and really show it off!
Everything is settled for prom and I'm so excited - 62 days!
Happy Easter Holidays, wherever you might be!!




No comments:
Post a Comment